We are looking for a new dedicated team member for our Maynard location! This is a part time position, ~20 hours per week, starting in early March. Read more below:
Raspberry Beret is a local boutique that specializes in new and consigned women’s fashion—a go-to for modern style, classic vintage, and luxury clothing and accessories. From Gucci and Hermes to Bonwit Teller and Alfred Shaheen and so much in between, Raspberry Beret aims to provide high quality, unique pieces at a reasonable price.
- Previous retail/sales experience (consignment/secondhand a plus!)
- Availability Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday.
- Working knowledge of and interest in learning about modern and vintage brands, styles, and values.
- Attention to detail/eye for style — ability to accurately identify and describe inventory in our database (fabrics, colors, garment styles, patterns, etc.), maintaining displays and store appearance/cleanliness, providing customers and consignors with a personalized, thorough experience.
- Social Media literacy (Instagram, Facebook, Poshmark) and the ability to compose on-brand photos and captions for all social media outlets, willingness to appear in photos, baseline knowledge of product photography, sharing content across multiple platforms.
- Computer literacy — Google suite (Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Gmail), Windows 10, data entry/POS software, ability to accurately research items to find their value.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time and ability to carry up to 40lbs of inventory throughout the store
- Friendly, approachable, professional demeanor — You will be dealing with lots of people with lots of different attitudes. We need to meet them all with the same level of professionalism.
- Sense of humor, wit, confident attitude — We have a lot of fun here, and we want our customers to share in and feed off of that experience.
- Eagerness to learn and be an integral part of our team!
- Open, close the store on your own. Shifts start/end 30 minutes before/after open/close.
- Provide customers with an attentive, fun, successful shopping experience — answering their questions, starting fitting rooms for them, listening to them talk about their lives even though you didn’t ask, helping them find the right pieces to complete their vision.
- Answering/screening calls and emails with signature Raspberry Beret professionalism.
- General store maintenance — vacuuming, dusting, emptying fitting rooms and returning items to their correct location in the store, merchandising/displays, sizing/colorizing racks…
- Tagging (data entry: describing items, researching and identifying the right prices) new inventory in a timely manner.
- Posting regularly to social media (Instagram, facebook, Poshmark). This is where knowledge of product photography is crucial.
- Ring up sales, taking cash, debit/credit, and gift certificate payments
- Marking down inventory as needed.
- Familiarize yourself with our inventory, as it is constantly changing, to best serve our customers.
- Book consignment appointments.
- Ensure consignors are aware of our policies and procedures.
- Select items for consignment. We’ll teach you what to look for!
- Communicate efficiently with co-workers and management about store happenings and any conflicts, scheduling issues, etc.
- Complete any general tasks as needed.
This position is a great opportunity for anyone looking to advance themselves in the world of sustainable fashion. While our store is female-focused, we encourage any and all interested parties to apply. Raspberry Beret is an inclusive and supportive business that does not discriminate against individuals based on their age, race, religion, size, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Email your resume and a blurb about yourself to email@example.com.