Please read the following information carefully to maximize your consignment efforts with Raspberry Beret. Thank you for your continuing interest and support.
All consignment is taken by appointment only. Please e-mail us directly or use the Book an Appointment form to schedule a drop off at your local store.
- Both locations operate on different consignment schedules. Reach out to your local Beret to learn more about appointment availability.
- Consignment can be taken as a contactless drop off or you may opt to wait in/outside of the store if you wish to have your rejected items returned to you. Rejected items from drop off appointments will be donated to charity.
- Consignors may bring a maximum of 25 items for consideration.
- All items must be in good condition and ready to wear.
- Take the time to clean, organize, and inspect any potential consignment items for damage at home. This includes shoes, jewelry, and handbags. The better the condition of an item, the more likely it will sell. (And you’ll get paid, cha-ching!)
- Items that need to be steamed or rid of pet hair or lint may not be accepted on these grounds.
- Prices are determined by our knowledgeable staff and are non-negotiable.
- All items should be brought to the store in a reusable or recyclable bag.
- Not sure about an item? Feel free to e-mail us some photos. We’re here to help!
The consignment period is 60 days. We’ll give your items two months on our racks to find a new home.
- Consignors earn 40% of the sale price of each item during the 60 days.
- Items are reduced in price after 30 days and are subject to further mark downs (i.e., special events, end of season sales, holidays, etc.) at the discretion of the store.
- After 60 days, unsold merchandise is considered expired and becomes property of Raspberry Beret. Expired items will be sold as such or donated to MassAppeal Int’l at the discretion of the store.
- Only items priced over $50 are eligible for return after 60 days. Consignors are not permitted to pull their items from the sales floor. Please contact us directly if you may have eligible items for return.
Payment is available by check or as store credit. Don’t worry, there is no difference in your earnings, but:
- A 15% discount (based on your balance) will be applied to your purchase when you use your store credit, stretching that dollar a little farther. Store credit is valid for 18 months.
- Checks are written for account balances of $20 or more. Balances of less than $20 can be used as store credit, payed in cash, or rolled into your next consignment check.
- Consignors who opt for a check are put on a payout list concurrent with their 60 day expiration date.
- Consignors may request a check payout of their balance for up to 6 months after accrual. Raspberry Beret is not obligated to pay out balances older than 6 months
- Checks are mailed on the 1st and 20th of the month for Maynard and Cambridge, respectively. Raspberry Beret does not do early payouts.
BRAND & STYLE GUIDELINES
Raspberry Beret consigns and sells women’s better and designer clothing and accessories in an array of labels and styles primarily from size 0 to 18.
CLOTHING SHOES HANDBAGS JEWELRY HATS BELTS
Some across the board no-no’s include
- Biz-formal attire. Pleated slacks, basic blazers and pencil skirts, and starchy button down blouses can be left at home.
- Lightening fast fashion. Labels from outfitters like Old Navy, Forever 21, H&M, Target, Walmart, and Charlotte Russe are not accepted.
- Bridal. We don’t sell traditional wedding or bridesmaids dresses.
- Children’s/junior’s clothing, underwear, swimwear.
- Menswear. Unisex leaning mens’ items like jackets, sweaters, and t-shirts are accepted.
We are currently looking for CASUAL items only — with no formal events to attend, formal attire is not being accepted!
Our best selling labels include but are not limited to
Vintage (1940s-1970s preferred)
Anthropologie (all 974,683 labels)
Dooney & Bourke
Rag & Bone
Diane Von Furstenberg
Use the following information as a guide to help you organize your unwanted, gently used clothing and accessories for consignment.
- SPRING (March thru April) — pastels, light sweaters, rain coats and boots, florals, t-shirts and jeans, denim and light leather jackets, sunglasses, sneakers, graduation attire, white jeans, natural fibers, open toed shoes, prom*, flowy dresses and skirts, blazers, etc.
- SUMMER (May thru July) — shorts, tees and tanks, sun dresses, sunglasses, sun hats, sandals, skirts, natural fibers, beach cover ups, bright/bold colors, etc.
- FALL (September thru October) — jeans, denim and leather jackets, scarves, hats and gloves, tall boots and booties, wool and cashmere sweaters, turtlenecks, spooky fashions, plaid, rain boots, fleece, earth tones, blazers, layerable items, etc.
- WINTER (Nov thru Jan) — coats (down, fur, and dress. Coats are taken late October through Christmas), sweaters, sweater dresses, snow boots, gloves, hats, and scarves, cashmere, wool, dark neutral tones, jewel tones, pants/jeans, layerable items, etc.
- TRANSITIONAL — occurs between each season. February is a Transitional Spring month.
- SEASONAL OCCASIONS — Back to School (August-September), Winter Holiday season (October-mid December), Prom (March-April)
Not mentioned but accepted in all seasons: handbags, belts, jewelry. Tops and dresses are always our best sellers, regardless of season. Shoes, handbags, and pants do not perform as well, so we are more selective.
|2302 Mass Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140 / 617-354-3700 email@example.com |
8 Nason Street, Maynard, MA 01754 / 978-897-8300
Subscribe to our mailing list for monthly newsletters, notices about special events, and exclusive offers for both Raspberry Beret locations!