We’re re-opening! Our operations have changed. Please read the following information carefully to maximize your consignment efforts with Raspberry Beret. Thank you for your continuing interest and support.
Throughout June we will be looking for summer staples like shorts, dresses, tees, and tanks, while putting more focus on items that require less physical contact like handbags/backpacks, hats, belts, jewelry, sunglasses, and other accessories.
All consignment is taken by appointment only. Please e-mail us directly or use the Book an Appointment form to schedule a drop off at your local store.
- Both locations operate on different consignment schedules. Reach out to your local Beret to learn more about appointment availability.
- Consignment will be taken as contactless drop offs only during the pandemic response period.
- Consignors may bring a maximum of 25 items for consideration.
- All items must be in good condition and ready to wear.
- Take the time to clean, organize, and inspect any potential consignment items for damage at home. This includes shoes, jewelry, and handbags. The better the condition of an item, the more likely it will sell. (And you’ll get paid, cha-ching!)
- Items that need to be steamed or rid of pet hair or lint may not be accepted on these grounds.
- Prices are determined by our knowledgeable staff and are non-negotiable.
- All items should be brought to the store in a reusable or recyclable bag.
- Rejected items and the bags they were brought in will be donated in an effort to comply with safety and sanitation standards.
- Not sure about an item? Feel free to e-mail us some photos. We’re here to help!
The consignment period is 60 days. We’ll give your items two months on our racks to find a new home.
- Consignors earn 40% of the sale price of each item during the 60 days.
- Items are reduced in price after 30 days and are subject to further mark downs (i.e., special events, end of season sales, holidays, etc.) at the discretion of the store.
- After 60 days, unsold merchandise is considered expired and becomes property of Raspberry Beret. Expired items will be sold as such or donated to MassAppeal Int’l at the discretion of the store.
- Raspberry Beret will no longer be returning unsold items priced over $50. All expired items will be sold as store property or donated. Consignors are not permitted to pull their items from the sales floor.
We realize this change to our previous Item Return policy may not work for some, and for that, we apologize.
Any items consigned between January 15 and March 19, 2020 that are priced over $50 remain eligible for return. Please contact us directly if you believe you may have unsold high end items on consignment to discuss item return possibilities.
PHASE 2 RETURN POLICY
Patrons are permitted to return apparel items (excluding shoes, handbags, and other accessories) for store credit within 48 hours of purchase. Returned items will be held for 48 additional hours before being put back on the floor. The consignment period will be extended to reflect the time lost to ensure each item has a full 60 days on the floor. This return policy has been created specifically for Phase 2 due to the state mandated closure of retail fitting rooms.
Payment is available by check or as store credit. Don’t worry, there is no difference in your earnings, but:
- A 15% discount will be applied to your purchase when you use your store credit, stretching that dollar a little farther. Store credit is valid for 18 months.
- Checks are written for account balances of $20 or more. Balances of less than $20 can be used as store credit or rolled into your next consignment check.
- Consignors who opt for a check are put on a payout list concurrent with their 60 day expiration date.
- Checks are written on the 1st of the month in Maynard, and the 15th of the month in Cambridge. Checks will be mailed on the 6th and 20th, respectively. Raspberry Beret does not do early payouts.
Overdue checks from March 2020 are still unable to be processed at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience through this process of re-opening and getting back on our feet.
BRAND & STYLE GUIDELINES
Raspberry Beret consigns and sells women’s better and designer clothing and accessories in an array of labels and styles from size 00 to 24.
CLOTHING SHOES HANDBAGS JEWELRY HATS BELTS
Some across the board no-no’s include
- Biz-formal attire. Pleated slacks, basic blazers and pencil skirts, and starchy button down blouses can be left at home.
- Lightening fast fashion. Labels from outfitters like Old Navy, Forever 21, H&M, Target, Walmart, and Charlotte Russe are not accepted.
- Bridal. We don’t sell traditional wedding or bridesmaids dresses.
- Children’s/junior’s clothing, underwear, swimwear.
Our best selling labels include but are not limited to
Vintage (1940s-1970s preferred)
Anthropologie (all 974,683 labels)
Rag & Bone
Diane Von Furstenberg
Use the following information as a guide to help you organize your unwanted, gently used clothing and accessories for consignment.
- SPRING (March thru April) — pastels, light sweaters, rain coats and boots, florals, t-shirts and jeans, denim jackets, sunglasses, sneakers, graduation attire, white jeans, natural fibers (cotton, linen, flax), open toed shoes, prom
- SUMMER (May thru July) — shorts, tees and tanks, sun dresses, sunglasses, sun hats, sandals, skirts, natural fibers, beach cover ups, bright, bold colors, white jeans
- FALL (September thru October) — jeans, denim and leather jackets, scarves, hats and gloves, boots and booties, wool and cashmere sweaters, turtlenecks, spooky fashions, plaid, rain boots, fleece, earth tones, blazers
- WINTER (Nov thru Jan) — coats (down, fur, and dress. Coats are taken late October through Christmas), sweaters, sweater dresses, snow boots, gloves, hats, and scarves, cashmere, wool, dark neutral tones, jewel tones, polyester
- TRANSITIONAL — occurs between each season. February is a Transitional Spring month.
- SEASONAL OCCASIONS — Back to School (August-September), Winter Holiday season (October-mid December), Prom (March-April)
Not mentioned but accepted in all seasons: handbags, belts, jewelry. Tops and dresses are always our best sellers, regardless of season. Shoes, handbags, and pants do not perform as well, so we are more selective.
|2302 Mass Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140 / 617-354-3700 firstname.lastname@example.org |
8 Nason Street, Maynard, MA 01754 / 978-897-8300
Subscribe to our mailing list for monthly newsletters, notices about special events, and exclusive offers for both Raspberry Beret locations!